Skip to main content

Data, Insight & Analysis

Recent Downloads

Monthly Update: Building Permits

April'24, Latest Data
Published on 6/12/24

The Partnership sends updates for the most important economic indicators each month. If you would like to opt-in to receive these updates, please click here.

For the latest data, click here.

Estimated Reading Time: 1 minute

Dodge Data & Analytics reports that $15.9 billion in construction contracts were awarded in the Houston area through the first four months of this year. That’s up 77.1 percent from the $8.9 billion awarded over the comparable period in ’23. Residential, non-residential, and non-building (i.e., streets, highways, utilities, etc.) awards were all up compared to last year.

Over half of the most recent construction contracts have been let for projects in Harris County. Fort Bend garnered the second-greatest share of the work, followed by Montgomery. Those three counties comprised almost 85 percent of all construction activity in the region. The remaining 15 percent was dispersed among the seven other counties.


Prepared by Greater Houston Partnership Research Division 

Patrick Jankowski, CERP
Chief Economist
Senior Vice President, Research

Leta Wauson
Research Director


Building Activity Key Economic Indicators Real Estate
$15.9 billion

Contracts awarded through the first four months of this year.

More Insight & Analysis

Monthly Update: Building Activity

Review the latest data on construction activity in the Houston market. 

Fortune 500 Companies

See which Houston-based companies are on the Fortune 500 list. 

Monthly Update: Home Sales

Review the latest information on home sales in the Houston region. 

Get more in-depth analysis from the Partnership team with a Membership.

Share Data

Executive Partners