HOUSTON (February 2, 2023) – Members of the Greater Houston Partnership voted to elect new members of the organization’s board of directors at its Annual Meeting held February 2. The Partnership's 140- member board guides the work of the organization and is comprised of leaders from across greater Houston's business community.
The event also marked the first official meeting of the Partnership's 2023 Chair Dr. Marc L. Boom, President and CEO of Houston Methodist. At the meeting, Boom announced the nomination of Eric Mullins, Chairman and CEO of Lime Rock Resources, as 2023 Secretary and Vice Chair, automatically advancing to 2024 Chair. This nomination was also approved by the membership.
Outgoing chair Thad Hill, President and CEO of Calpine Corporation, received the Bob Onstead award for his service in 2022. In addition to the election of new board members, several former members were approved for an additional term of service on the board.
Individuals elected to Director Emeritus by vote of the membership at the meeting include: Paul Hobby, Founding Partner, Genesis Park; Lynne Liberato, Senior Counsel, Haynes and Boone; and Jamey Rootes, Former President, Houston Texans (Posthumous).
For a recap of the Annual Meeting, click here.
2023 New Board Members
- Cynthia Hansen, EVP and President, Gas Transmission and Midstream, Enbridge
- Ole Hansen, President and Chief Executive Officer, TotalEnergies E&P USA, Inc.
- Michael Jamieson, Managing Director, Global Co-Head of Natural Resources & Clean Energy Transition, Citigroup
- Daryl Kenningham, President and Chief Executive Officer, Group 1 Automotive
- Mike Lewis, Managing Director and Partner, The Boston Consulting Group
- Sanjay Ramabhadran, Chair, Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Uwem Ukpong, Vice President of Global Services, Amazon Web Services
- Peter Vanacker, CEO, LyondellBasell Industries
- Jason Wells, President and Chief Operating Officer, CenterPoint Energy
2023 Returning Board Members
- Claudia Aguirre, President and CEO, BakerRipley
- Earl C. "Duke" Austin, Jr., President and CEO, Quanta Services Inc.
- David Baggett, Managing Partner, Opportune
- Giuseppe Colasurdo, President, UTHealth
- Roberto Contreras, President and CEO, St. Christopher Holdings
- Jonathan Cox, Global Co-Head of Energy Investment Banking, JPMorgan Chase
- Lesia L. Crumpton-Young, President, Texas Southern University
- Danny David, Partner, Baker Botts LLP
- Kasey Dunn, Office Managing Partner, PwC
- Jack Fusco, President and CEO, Cheniere Energy
- Lori Garcia, Divisional Vice President, Network Management, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Roland Garcia, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- LaTonya Goffney, Superintendent, Aldine ISD
- William T. Harris, President and CEO, Space Center Houston
- John Johnson, President, Silver Eagle Distributors Houston, LLC
- T. Mark Kelly, Partner, Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions, Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Nancy Kinder, President and CEO, Kinder Foundation
- Gerry Laderman, Executive Vice President and CFO, United Airlines
- Mark Lashier, President and CEO, Phillips 66
- Wayne McConnell, Managing Partner, McConnell Jones Lanier & Murphy LLP
- Jeff Miller, Chairman, President and CEO, Halliburton
- Hong Ogle, President, Houston Market, Bank of America
- Armando Perez, Executive Vice President, H-E-B Houston
- Steven Retzloff, Chairman, Allegiance Bank
- Jeff Rinker, President and CEO, Motiva Enterprises LLC
- Judson W. Robinson, President and CEO, Houston Area Urban League, Inc.
- Courtney Johnson Rose, CEO, George E. Johnson Development Inc.
- Tom Rourick, Office Managing Partner, RSM US LLP
- Werner Schaefer, VP/GM Network Platforms & Communications Service Provider Sales, Intel
- Scott Silvas, Market President, Texas, Fifth Third Bank
- Ann Stern, President and CEO, Houston Endowment Inc.
- Troy Villarreal, President, HCA Gulf Coast Division, HCA Houston Healthcare
- Welcome W. Wilson, Jr., President and CEO, Welcome Group LLC
A full list of members of the Partnership Board of Directors can be found here.
Greater Houston Partnership
The Greater Houston Partnership works to make Houston one of the best places to live, work and build a business. As the economic development organization for the region, the Partnership champions growth across 12 counties by bringing together business and civic-minded leaders who are dedicated to the area’s long-term success. Representing more than 950 member organizations and approximately one-fifth of the region’s workforce, the Partnership is the place companies come together to make an impact. Learn more at Houston.org.
Senior Manager, Media Relations
Vice President, Communications